Thursday, December 2, 2021

An Appealing Plea

An Appealing Plea

2 Corinthians 5: 20 Here we are, then, speaking for Christ, as though God himself were making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ's behalf: let God change you from enemies into his friends! 21 Christ was without sin, but for our sake God made him share our sin in order that in union with him we might share the righteousness of God.

 

============

 

Speeding tickets seemed to be the norm for me until one day I got one too many. “You need a lawyer” was the suggestion of the judge. I was unable to speak on my behalf to overturn the latest violation.  I needed someone who could appeal to the judge in a way that could be heard. “How do you plea?” was the question The lawyer spoke for me and used words that could be heard by the judge.

 

  • I was guilty but needed an advocate.
  • I was clearly in the wrong but needed someone to make an appeal.
  • I was on my way to being sentenced, but had someone make a plea to overturn the violation.

 

Paul is trying to make an appeal to overturn the thoughts of people who did not believe in JESUS. He spoke as though GOD HIMSELF were making an appeal. He then mentions how JESUS was without sin, but for our sake, HE was made sin so we could share in the righteousness of GOD.

 

My Observations

  • An appeal was made to me to guide my thoughts to JESUS.
  • When I believed that JESUS died for me and was raised from the dead, I became eternally saved.
  • I plead with others to open their eyes to the one true Savior, which is CHRIST our LORD.

 

Usually a plea is seen as a way to get “my” way. BUT GOD sees it different. JESUS not only gave up HIS life, HE pursues each and every one of us, pleading to keep us from harm. The HOLY SPIRIT begs on our behalf and GOD sends people to plea to turn to HIS ways. I am grateful for the people who prayed for me and pleaded on my behalf.

 

Challenge

  • Can you hear the plea from the writer?
  • Have you ever been in trouble and needed someone else to explain things on your behalf?
  • Will you make a plea on someone else’s behalf to turn to JESUS for all answers today?

No comments:

Post a Comment