Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Jealous Moments

Jealous Moments

2 Corinthians 8: I am not laying down any rules. But by showing how eager others are to help, I am trying to find out how real your own love is. You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

 

============

 

Hearing when other people were promoted when I wasn’t made me think I was less than the recipients of the “honor.”. Hearing when other businesses got huge deals when I didn’t, I, again, felt less than other people. What was I missing?

 

  • I was comparing myself to other people.
  • I was vulnerable to try to be someone else rather than myself.
  • I was open to becoming frustrated with who I was; meanwhile I saw what other people were doing and got jealous.

 

Paul wrote about how blessed he was by another group of people who gave their all during extreme poverty. He did this to show the dedication other people had for JESUS. He wanted each reader to examine themselves and form their own dedication to CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants my relationship with HIM to be real.
  • GOD wants me to drop my jealousy in exchange for open eyes to HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to see that JESUS was not jealous rather confident that HIS love would save anyone who believed in HIS sacrifice.

 

Lack of confidence breeds jealousy which can breed all kinds of not so good actions. I mean, I may try to prove myself, or move too fast on opportunities, or cower in the corner alone, or worse, stop following GOD to follow humans who do not believe in JESUS.

 

HE had enough grace to make HIMSELF a human, giving up extreme power, while keeping that power in check. HE was raised from the dead after being murdered by HIS own creation. HIS patience, while being a human, was worth the wait as HE remained sinless all of HIS life. I am glad I do not have to be jealous over someone else’s relationship with HIM because HE loves me too.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use the examples of others?
  • What is your reaction if someone challenges your relationship with JESUS?
  • Are you easily offended or is your relationship real enough to withstand those who scoff at your actions?
  • If you have been or are jealous of others or want other people to change, will you examine your own relationship with JESUS to see how real your own love is today?

No comments:

Post a Comment