Thursday, February 10, 2022

Reputation Repaired

Reputation Repaired

Galatians 1: 20 What I write is true. God knows that I am not lying!

 

21 Afterward I went to places in Syria and Cilicia. 22 At that time the members of the churches in Judea did not know me personally. 23 They knew only what others were saying: “The man who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith that he once tried to destroy!” 24 And so they praised God because of me.

 

============

 

It took time, but my reputation was repaired. I actually did not know what people were saying about me, but it did not seem pleasant. When I walked in the room, the conversation would change. “This stinks!” I said to myself. But I felt helpless to change the situation.

 

  • I felt I had to convince people they had the wrong impression of me.
  • I felt misunderstood.
  • I felt shunned by people and could not do or say anything to make things right.

 

At one point Paul became known for being a murderer. What was worse was, he did the killing in the name of GOD. He thought he was doing what was right according to the Law. BUT GOD intervened. HE called Paul to be HIS servant. Now Paul’s reputation was repaired through much suffering he had to go through.

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees my heart where humans cannot.
  • GOD has a different view of my reputation and HE loves me beyond my sins.
  • GOD gave HIS SON so I could have a good reputation with HIM.

 

People are fickle and reputations come and go. I mean, one day I am in the in crowd, the next, I am looked at as a criminal. BUT GOD changes my reputation. When I confess my sins HE is faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

 

This does not mean I will not face the consequence of my sins. It means GOD can still use me to grow HIS loving kingdom of redeemed sinners in spite of my sins. I am glad GOD loves me as a sinner and has given me a new name I cannot wait to hear.

 

Challenge

  • Can you imagine being the writer after having persecuted the people you now have to convince about GOD’s love for them?
  • Have you ever been misunderstood or given a reputation that you know is not what is in your heart?
  • Will you accept GOD’s purpose on your life and allow HIM to clear your reputation HIS way?

No comments:

Post a Comment