Monday, February 21, 2022

Killed by the Law

Killed by the Law

Galatians 2: 19 So far as the Law is concerned, however, I am dead—killed by the Law itself—in order that I might live for God. I have been put to death with Christ on his cross, 20 so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me. 21 I refuse to reject the grace of God. But if a person is put right with God through the Law, it means that Christ died for nothing!

 

============

 

Feeling awkward, I introduced myself to a group of people who seemed to know each other well. They had inside jokes that I was not privy to and they seemed to know what they were doing. When I made a mistake, it seemed like “they” were looking at “me.”

 

  • I had no guidance.
  • I had no protection from harm inflicted by myself or others.
  • I had no purpose so I felt insecure.

 

Paul spoke about the mistake he made by being zealous for “The Law” and his desire to fit in with those who wanted to kill people who believed in JESUS as the Savior. His perspective was changed by JESUS and now he believed that “The Law” sentenced him to death versus bringing life. He found out there was only one way to life, namely through belief in JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • Living by “The Law” can kill me and others around me.
  • Understanding “The Law” guides me to see my shame, as I have broken all the laws by breaking one.
  • Praising GOD for being saved from the death sentence “The Law” dictates is now my purpose.

 

“I live by faith in the Son of GOD” is a huge statement. I mean, I usually want my hand in the outcome of things so I try to use bits and pieces of “The Law” to manipulate GOD into giving me my way. BUT GOD sees through my filthy righteousness.

 

JESUS died for all my sins, past, present and future. HIS resurrection is the only thing that gives me the power to live. When I think I am being “good”, more than likely I am being abysmal. The only place I can turn is to JESUS, who graciously lives in me. I am grateful I am forgiven by JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer mean about being “Killed by the Law?”
  • What is your perspective on “death” as it pertains to this passage?
  • Is there a part of you that rejects the grace of GOD so you cling on to your own abilities to follow “The Law?”
  • Will you let go of your exhausting efforts to please GOD and simply know the HE loves you dearly in spite of your sins and know you are forgiven by JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment