Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Comfort of Belief

Comfort of Belief

Galatians 3: Consider the experience of Abraham; as the scripture says, “He believed God, and because of his faith God accepted him as righteous.” You should realize, then, that the real descendants of Abraham are the people who have faith. The scripture predicted that God would put the Gentiles right with himself through faith. And so the scripture announced the Good News to Abraham: “Through you God will bless all people.” Abraham believed and was blessed; so all who believe are blessed as he was.

 

============

 

“Would you like to have a position leading a small team?” was the question that seemed too good to be true and I could not believe. In fact, I wanted to know the catch. Was I being set up for failure? “It’s not a hoax. Take the position” were the words of a boss that I, and many, did not like. I was suspicious, but took the position and it worked out well.

 

  • Sometimes I want to protect myself so I withhold my belief.
  • Sometimes I want evidence so I research until I feel comfortable.
  • Sometimes I want a crowd or logical thinkers who have proven themselves time and time again, to provide answers so I will not make a mistake.

 

Abraham is known as the Father of faith. When GOD told him, he would be blessed because of his faith, he believed. This belief was simple. Abraham did not have to do anything but believe and GOD would do the rest. Abraham acted on this belief in ways that baffled many, but it worked out well.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to obey HIM, even when many doubt HIS path for me.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS SON as the answer, even when the crowd has agreed on another way.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has the entire situation, all I have to do is believe.

 

Feeling blessed and being blessed seem to be two very different things. The world would have a definition of “blessed” that is vastly different than the way GOD sees it. HE is seeking the lot and wants HIS kingdom to flourish. The world wants humans to focus on self-indulgence, self—preservation and selfish behaviors.

 

Belief in JESUS breaks the chain of “self.” When I believed in JESUS, my life became HIS. It may not look successful to the world, but all of heaven rejoiced when I said “JESUS is my Savior.” I am glad GOD’s blessings for me can never be stolen.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about Abraham’s belief?
  • Have you ever believed in something that is counterintuitive and it worked out?
  • Will you be comforted that GOD sees your belief and will reward you greatly?

No comments:

Post a Comment