Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Guarding “Ships”

Guarding “Ships”

2 Timothy 3: Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God; they will hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people. 

 

============

 

Feeling lonely, I decided that being involved with any group was better than none. I decided to go out with coworkers. Maybe I can get used to doing some other things. “Let’s go out to the strip club!” was a suggestion “everyone” agreed to. “I guess so” I said reluctantly.

 

  • I felt something was wrong with just going with the crowd, but I went.
  • I knew I should not do what “everyone” else was doing, but I did.
  • I joined in on stuff I later regretted joining in on.

 

Paul warns more than Timothy about the “last days.” He generally provides a stern warning about connecting to people who do not have JESUS in their hearts, but mimic the words. He prepared Timothy to not be naïve rather to know there will be some who will not follow GOD no matter how much he or she pretends.

 

My Observations

  • GOD saw my sin and forgave me through my belief in JESUS’ resurrection.
  • GOD is the only forgiver of sins.
  • GOD wants the heart not the outward pretenses.

 

There are a few ships GOD wants me to guard. Friendships, relationships and partnerships. These are sacred to HIM because they affect how HIS Kingdom grows. GOD knows I cannot avoid the world or live in a bubble. In fact, HE wants me and you to infect the world.

 

BUT GOD also wants me to guard my heart and not allow the world to enter it with things that will take people away from HIS Kingdom. He wants my friendships, relationships and partnerships to be focused on HIS “real power” which is through JESUS. I am glad GOD protects me in this difficult world.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the list of the writer is so extensive?
  • Have you ever been tempted to hang out with a crowd you knew was wrong for you, but you did it anyway?
  • Will you seek the “real power” of GOD by allowing the HOLY SPIRIT to lead you to infect the world versus connecting with people you know will drag you down by the world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment