Monday, March 20, 2023

Anytime, Anywhere

Anytime, Anywhere

2 Timothy 4: In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and because he is coming to rule as King, I solemnly urge you to preach the message, to insist upon proclaiming it (whether the time is right or not), to convince, reproach, and encourage, as you teach with all patience. 

 

============

 

After hearing the message “Preach the Gospel of JESUS” I was excited as I sat in church. But the next day, it became difficult. I was at work so I talked about work stuff all day. Then when I left I went to the gym and we talked about body parts and ogled at the opposite sex. Soon it was the weekend and I had to have a minute to myself right? I went out with friends to bars.

 

  • I did not see a time when it was right to speak about JESUS.
  • I could not see a place where it was right to speak about JESUS.
  • I felt awkward speaking about JESUS so I kept the message to myself.

 

Paul urges Timothy to “preach the message” and to “insist” that the message be preached by everyone. He then gave the value of preaching the Gospel. It can be used to convince, reproach and encourage. In other words, it is appropriate for all situations.

 

My Observations

  • How I live my life will determine how much I speak about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me ready to speak about JESUS, anytime, anywhere.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT should determine whether it is appropriate to speak about JESUS.

 

Fear, shame and doubt cause me to shut my mouth when it comes to JESUS. I mean, when I am in the middle of sin, I feel I can’t speak about JESUS, so I wait. When I am scared and facing difficult times, I feel I can’t speak about JESUS, so I wait. When I face new people or I am at work or I am doing a business deal I fear messing up and I feel I can’t speak about JESUS, so I wait.

 

I then find myself never, ever speaking about JESUS. I then hope someone else will do it or maybe I can be “good” enough that my example will show JESUS without ever needing to say a word. But this is counter to this command “preach the message and insist upon proclaiming it. Satan wants me fearing, shamed and doubting so I will not speak about JESUS because he knows it is powerful. I gladly put aside my fear, shame and doubt to speak about JESUS, especially when I feel it is not the right time.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the sense of urgency from the writer?
  • Have you ever felt ill-equipped, shamed or inappropriate to speak about JESUS?
  • When will you use actual words to “proclaim” HIS worthiness?
  • Will you let GOD help you with your fear, shame and doubt so you can be used by HIM to preach the message of JESUS to many today?

No comments:

Post a Comment