Tuesday, March 7, 2023

With or Without

 With or Without

2 Timothy 2: 11 This is a true saying:

“If we have died with him,
    we shall also live with him.
12 If we continue to endure,
    we shall also rule with him.
If we deny him,
    he also will deny us.
13 If we are not faithful,
    he remains faithful,
    because he cannot be false to himself.”

 

============

 

Hearing a motivational speech at work made me excited. The speaker ended the speech with “Are you with me?” Of course I said in my mind “Yes!” because the speech was riveting. Afterwards I worked a little longer that day and days following.

 

  • I was fully bought in.
  • I changed my habits because I was motivated.
  • I “believed” in the company because I was part of something “big.”

 

Paul continues his letter to Timothy by providing contrasting truths. On one hand if believers in CHRIST give up their life for CHRIST, then a promise of life is given. In contrast, if people deny CHRIST, HE will deny them.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s words seem harsh but provide choice which shows how much HE loves me.
  • I can choose to believe there is a loving GOD who died for me and was raised from the dead.
  • Endurance in CHRIST provides me with a connection to GOD that is powerful.

 

Self-protection gets in the way of having a wonderful relationship with GOD. I mean, when I want “everything” to go “my” way, I try to make GOD be something that HE is not. I then seek for other gods to replace HIM because my heart is too hard to allow HIM to guide it. BUT GOD is the ultimate softener of hearts.

 

GOD can reach the most calloused souls and bring him or her around to really seek HIM on their own. HE does not need people to brow beat others into heaven, rather HE wants me to have a desire that all humans be saved. Those without CHRIST may not understand this and will look at the desire as strange. I am glad GOD has given me the ability to endure.

 

Challenge

  • What endurance is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever questioned your relationship with JESUS?
  • Will you know in your heart that JESUS loved you enough to die for you and is alive and remains faithful to you even when you are not faithful to HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment