Friday, March 17, 2023

Not Like Everyone Else

Not Like Everyone Else

2 Timothy 3: 14 But as for you, continue in the truths that you were taught and firmly believe. You know who your teachers were, 15 and you remember that ever since you were a child, you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instruction for right living, 17 so that the person who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good deed.

 

============

 

Hearing the lie said in the smooth delivery made me mad. I watched people fall for the lie and was amazed! I got up and told the truth and was met with criticism. “You are just jealous” is what someone, who was brave enough, said to me. “I wonder if I should start lying” was my thought.

 

  • I was tired of bad people getting ahead.
  • I was tired of being nice and finishing “last.”
  • I was tired of being ignored because I was trying to be “good.”

 

Paul finishes his warning to Timothy regarding conduct. He had mentioned that there would be some people who would persecute, derive evil and be deceitful. “But as for you” he says to Timothy. He tells Timothy there is another path.

 

My Observations

  • When other people are acting deceitful or imposing persecution or manipulative, GOD wants me to “continue in the truth.”
  • When it seems like everyone else is going one way that does not include JESUS as GOD and LORD of all, HE wants me to stand firm in the scriptures that HE inspired.
  • When I need to make a decision to be popular with a lie or be unpopular with the truth in scripture, GOD wants me to choose the unpopular route.

 

Believing in JESUS does not make people popular. In fact it seems quite the opposite. People run in the other direction at the mention of scripture or JESUS. BUT GOD wants everyone to understand HIS love and HE inspires many writers to speak about JESUS.

 

GOD’s revelation of HIS SON equips me for life’s traps and trials. When times were difficult, I can look back and see that HE was with me and that following the scriptures was all I had during times of deep trouble. I am so glad GOD has given us the scripture to help me live a life pleasing to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What truths is the writer talking about?
  • Does “relative truth” scare you?
  • Will you continue in the truth of JESUS, our LORD and Savior, by studying HIS word and gaining useful wisdom that leads you to salvation and becoming fully qualified and equipped today?

No comments:

Post a Comment