Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Victory Found

Victory Found

2 Timothy 4: As for me, the hour has come for me to be sacrificed; the time is here for me to leave this life. I have done my best in the race, I have run the full distance, and I have kept the faith.And now there is waiting for me the victory prize of being put right with God, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that Day—and not only to me, but to all those who wait with love for him to appear.

 

============

 

Looking for a “win”, I joined various groups, followed certain sports teams and even competed. Sometimes my team won, which made me feel better as a human for some reason, and sometimes my team lost. When I won a bowling trophy, I wanted another. After a while, I wanted more and more trophies and awards in life.

 

  • I wanted to feel like I was getting ahead.
  • I guess I just wanted to feel special for a moment.
  • I wanted to have a bright shiny moment in my life that was sometimes filled with hurt, and pain.

 

Paul tells Timothy this is the end of his life. He mentions that he has participated in the greatest competition, namely the fight against evil. He also mentions that he is on the winning side and has a “victory prize” waiting for him in heaven.

 

My Observations

  • Friendly human competitions are alright BUT GOD wants me to join the competition against the evil one.
  • JESUS has already won the victory, so HE wants me to join the side that already won so I can receive my prize.
  • GOD wants me to “wait with love’ until the Day JESUS returns.

 

Waiting on JESUS is hard, especially during times when it seems like evil is rampant. I mean, the world seems to have lost its mind! BUT GOD sees all the violence, hurt and pain. Instead of competing with one another HE wants something different.

 

Waiting with love is different than being nervous that my moment here on earth has not happened yet. It means I will keep showing love to those HE sends me to or who HE sends to me. It also means that even though life can be hard, GOD still wants me to join in on HIS victorious side and do my part with love. I gladly join GOD and know my victory has already happened.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer feels satisfied?
  • Are you disappointed with your accomplishments?
  • Instead of looking at your situation, will you love someone who GOD wants you to show love to and keep pressing forward in the “race” of life by seeking HIS Kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment