Friday, March 10, 2023

Impactful Change

Impactful Change

2 Timothy 2: 20 In a large house there are dishes and bowls of all kinds: some are made of silver and gold, others of wood and clay; some are for special occasions, others for ordinary use. 21 Those who make themselves clean from all those evil things, will be used for special purposes, because they are dedicated and useful to their Master, ready to be used for every good deed. 

 

============

 

Living in a “just enough” fashion had become the norm for me. I felt stuck doing insignificant dead end things. Something had to change, but what. I prayed for GOD to change my circumstances, but nothing was happening.

 

  • I wanted GOD to raise me up, but I was not willing to make a change.
  • I wanted circumstances to be different without me needing to do anything about it.
  • I wanted life to be easy without having to make any sacrifices.

 

Paul gives Timothy some very wise advice. He told Timothy to live a clean life that is dedicated to the LORD, this way he could be used in a special way. Paul had made a significant change in his own life from being a murderer to becoming a preacher of the Gospel and knew what it took to serve the LORD in a
special” way.

 

My Observations

  • Yes, I am saved, but my relationship with the LORD is ordinary unless I dedicate myself to HIM.
  • Yes, GOD loves me, but there is a part of our relationship that I can choose so HE can use me in a special way.
  • Yes, I have a purpose, BUT GOD wants to give me a “special” purpose which requires another level of dedication to following HIM.

 

Change happened when I accepted JESUS as my Savior. I mean, I believed HE forgave me of all my sins. That felt great, but that happened a long, long time ago. HE, however wants me to continue to change for HIS powerful purposes. This requires me to examine my life and ask HIM to rid me of sins that block HIS “special” use.

 

GOD wants “impactful change” from me. Not just ordinary going to church change, but a readiness to be used in a special way. This requires me to ask HIM to help me rid myself of “evil things” so I can be ready for “every good deed.” I will make myself available to GOD.

 

Challenge

  • What “special purposes” is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever wanted things to change in a greater way, but have not looked at yourself to see what needs to change?
  • Will you know that you are saved AND GOD wants to use you for something special, but it will take a change in you so you can be used by GOD in a “special purpose” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment