Thursday, March 2, 2023

Seeking Reliability

Seeking Reliability

2 Timothy 2: As for you, my son, be strong through the grace that is ours in union with Christ Jesus. Take the teachings that you heard me proclaim in the presence of many witnesses, and entrust them to reliable people, who will be able to teach others also.

 

============

 

After partying all night, I went to bed. I woke up hours later in a haste that I had forgotten something. “O no!” I said to myself. I had forgotten to open the dorm office and I was the only one with the key. Many people were waiting on various services. I rushed down and opened the office, but was fired because I had been late before.

 

  • I was not reliable.
  • I was not dependable.
  • I was not trustworthy.

 

Paul appeals to Timothy to seek “reliable” teachers who can be entrusted with spreading the Gospel. This may have been done to prevent someone who would twist the message into profiteering or some other manipulation. The highest importance was to remain strong in the grace of our LORD and Savior, JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • Reliability is something GOD wants me to have so I can be entrusted with more precious things.
  • Dependability is something GOD wants me to have so HE can send people to me and know I will rely on HIS message versus my hidden agenda.
  • Trustworthy is something GOD wants me to be so I can be sent to the right place at the right time or be ready to speak HIS message in HIS way.

 

Faith has multiple components, but one is being dependable. I mean, as a business owner or employee, if I show up randomly, then I become unreliable. Same with GOD’s message. If I am not reliable to speak on HIS behalf, HE will not entrust HIS precious souls to me. In other words, HE will not send people who need to hear about GOD to someone who will not speak on HIS behalf.

 

GOD wants reliability. HE knows that times will get difficult and still wants me to be reliable. Faith is also dependability. GOD is faithful to cleanse me of all unrighteousness when I confess the to HIM. I am glad I can depend on HIM and hope HE can depend on me.

 

Challenge

  • What is so important that the writer seeks reliable people to teach?
  • Have you ever ran into a situation where you needed a reliable source but could not find it?
  • Will you be the reliable source GOD needs so HE can entrust HIS plan and message to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment