Monday, March 6, 2023

Boundless Freedom

Boundless Freedom

2 Timothy 2: Remember Jesus Christ, who was raised from death, who was a descendant of David, as is taught in the Good News I preach. Because I preach the Good News, I suffer and I am even chained like a criminal. But the word of God is not in chains, 10 and so I endure everything for the sake of God's chosen people, in order that they too may obtain the salvation that comes through Christ Jesus and brings eternal glory.

 

============

 

“I will never get out of this” were the words I said many times when I felt “stuck.” I felt that way in entering High School, college and jobs that had become stale. I felt stagnant and needed a change, but change was elusive and far away.

 

  • I felt imprisoned.
  • I felt like I was stuck and there was no way out of being stuck.
  • I felt trapped with no way out.

 

Paul brings Timothy back to the main purpose of life. “Remember JESUS CHRIST” was his statement He then explained that even though he was imprisoned because of speaking about JESUS, the “word of GOD” could never be chained. For this reason Paul was able to endure his imprisonment.

 

My Observations

  • My situation may make me feel stuck, BUT GOD’s word gives me hope.
  • My circumstance may not be ideal, BUT GOD’s plan includes me so I give HIM praise.
  • My present condition may make me think I am stuck, BUT GOD has an amazing way to use me in the middle of my blindness.

 

Seeing life through my eyes may make the future seem scary. I mean, if I look at past performance and future trials, I can get nervous and want things to change. When the situations don’t change fast enough, I feel stuck. BUT GOD wants me to see things differently.

 

HE wants me to know that HE is still in control and doing amazing things I cannot see or fathom. HE orchestrates many situations that shows HIS power and HIS promise. HIS word goes out to the world with full power and cannot be stopped. I am glad HE calls me to speak on HIS behalf, just like every believer in JESUS, and I know there is always someone who is free, when I “feel” stuck.

 

Challenge

  • Does the writer feel remorse for being imprisoned?
  • Have you ever felt stuck?
  • Why or why not?
  • Will you base your freedom on how powerful GOD’s word is and how it cannot be stopped and also know GOD is working on your situation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment