Thursday, March 30, 2023

Staying Power

Staying Power

2 Timothy 4: 16 No one stood by me the first time I defended myself; all deserted me. May God not count it against them! 17 But the Lord stayed with me and gave me strength, so that I was able to proclaim the full message for all the Gentiles to hear; and I was rescued from being sentenced to death. 18 And the Lord will rescue me from all evil and take me safely into his heavenly Kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

 

============

 

Attracting people was not an issue until I began imitating some of those who were more powerful. I figured since he or she was “successful”, I would try some of their standoffish, curt, directive ways. Soon my crowd was thinning out.

 

  • Basically I had become the jerk who I did not even like.
  • I pushed people away versus attracting them.
  • I eventually had to admit that I was the problem and had to change quickly or be alone.

 

Paul sent Timothy a message about being alone. He used himself as the example when many people left him as he went off to speak about JESUS. Paul, a former murderer, felt all alone as he repented his ways and spoke about JESUS. Only ONE stood by him.

 

My Observations

  • Even when I pushed people away, GOD did not leave me.
  • GOD can see more about me than I can see in myself.
  • GOD’s love for me is far greater than any political, social or historical boundaries I may fall into.

 

GOD’s love is quite amazing! I mean, HE sees when I am acting like a jerk and still loves me. HE does correct me and opens my eyes to HIS correction. HE then puts me back on HIS path. I may feel all alone and HE recognizes my loneliness.

 

HE stays with me and tells me “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” JESUS died for me and was raised from the dead. My belief in HIM gives me the HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside me, never leaving me. I am glad GOD doesn’t not leave me, even when I try to isolate myself.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer sound?
  • Have you ever felt lonely?
  • Will you know that GOD is with you because JESUS died for you and was raised from the dead for you and has place HIS HOLY SPIRIT in you so you will never be alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment