Monday, April 3, 2023

Promised Life

Promised Life

Titus 1: From Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ.

I was chosen and sent to help the faith of God's chosen people and to lead them to the truth taught by our religion, which is based on the hope for eternal life. God, who does not lie, promised us this life before the beginning of time, and at the right time he revealed it in his message. This was entrusted to me, and I proclaim it by order of God our Savior.


I write to Titus, my true son in the faith that we have in common.

 

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Getting mail was stressful to me. I had so many bills that I did not want to even get mail. I opened the notice and it met my fears. “We are going to turn off this service” was the news I expected and the news I got. “Is this all there is to life?” I cried out to GOD.

 

  • I was tired of bills.
  • I was tired of not having any money.
  • I was tired of fearing the future, especially when I could not see a way out.

 

Paul opens his letter to Titus by describing his calling. He mentions that he was chosen by GOD to spread the Gospel which brings hope for eternal life. He did not mention the trials of this life, rather focused on being entrusted to speak about what was revealed to him, namely eternal salvation.

 

My Observations

  • GOD will never lie to me.
  • GOD said HE would always be with me and HE loves me.
  • GOD wants me to speak about HIS kingdom so I can experience grace and peace in this life.

 

Grace and peace seem elusive when I worry about this life. I mean, when I focus on the scary parts of life, my mind wanders into areas out of my control. I fear the future and, as a result, blame GOD for not assuring me when I get worried. BUT GOD is not concerned.

 

HE knows the wonderful plan HE has for me, plans not to harm me but to give me hope. HE can see when I get tired or scared or feel like giving up. HE says to HIMSELF, “you don’t even know what great things I have in store for you.” I am glad GOD cares for me so much that HE was willing to die, just for me.

 

Challenge

  • What hope is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever got weary, tired or felt like giving up?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS today and know HIS plan for you includes this life as well as eternal life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment