Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Given Responsibility

Given Responsibility

Titus 1: I left you in Crete, so that you could put in order the things that still needed doing and appoint church elders in every town. Remember my instructions: an elder must be without fault; he must have only one wife, and his children must be believers and not have the reputation of being wild or disobedient. 

 

============

 

When a person left the company, suddenly my coworkers were asking me for direction. I was used to someone else telling me what to do! The confusion and direction had to be handled, so I took a deep breath and dove in.

 

  • I was scared of having responsibility.
  • I was not ready for leadership
  • I did not know what I was supposed to be doing.

 

Paul gives Titus specific responsibility so there would be no confusion. In case Titus was wondering, Paul tells him the reason for leaving him in Crete. Maybe Titus was wondering what he was supposed to be doing or why he was in Crete in the first place. That is a question for us all.

 

My Observations

  • GOD has given humans the responsibility for spreading the Gospel.
  • It us up to me to take that responsibility seriously.
  • GOD wants HIS SON known throughout the world.

 

Spreading the Gospel seems passe these days. I mean, during times of turmoil where it seems like humans are ready to tear each other apart, GOD’s ultimate plan still holds strong. HE wants each of us to simply mention HIS SON as the living Savior. Why is this so hard?

 

Personally it is sometimes scary to be responsible for the task of telling a world about JESUS who seems to want to fight against HIM at every turn. Fighting is tiring! GOD wants me to see HIS plan as spreading love versus fighting. I gladly take on the responsibility of spreading GOD’s love and lay aside my fears to do so.

 

Challenge

  • What is the purpose of the writer?
  • What is your purpose in life?
  • Will you take a deep breath and participate in seeking GOD’s Kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment