Friday, April 28, 2023

Not About Money

Not About Money

Philemon 1: 17 So, if you think of me as your partner, welcome him back just as you would welcome me. 18 If he has done you any wrong or owes you anything, charge it to my account. 19 Here, I will write this with my own hand: I, Paul, will pay you back (I should not have to remind you, of course, that you owe your very self to me.) 20 So, my brother, please do me this favor for the Lord's sake; as a brother in Christ, cheer me up!

 

============

 

“We are going to cut many positions” were the words I did not like to hear. I questioned if it was about my performance and everyone around me said no. Finally I got down to the bottom of my investigation. “It is about the money.”

 

  • I experienced a cut based on the bottom line
  • I worked hard, but to no avail.
  • I received an award for an outstanding team member as I left the company.

 

Paul tried to make it very clear that if Onesimus owed any money to Philemon, he would pay it back. He tried to implore on Philemon that it is not about the money rather about the relationship with CHRIST. If mistakes were made, or money owed, then Paul asked that it be charged to him.

 

My Observations

  • Money should not be my motivation for serving GOD.
  • Simply helping others should be the reason for when I am serving for the LORD.
  • Grace is what JESUS showed as the ultimate example.

 

Money is a motivator in the wrong way at times. I mean, it breaks up relationships if sought after in the wrong way. BUT GOD has a remedy. HE wants you and me to place people above the problems loving money can bring.

 

GOD sees people and will repay to each of us how we treat them. HE wants a solid relationship with HIS creation and money should not be the barrier to that relationship, especially when he or she has professed the JESUS is LORD. I am glad to help those who call on the LORD as the Savior.

 

Challenge

  • Can you feel the empathy from the writer?
  • Have you ever judged someone based on how much or how little he or she spent?
  • Have you ever needed someone to speak on your behalf?
  • Will you pursue helping people keep a solid relationship with those who believe in CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment