Monday, May 1, 2023

Powerful Belief

 

Powerful Belief

Philemon 1: 21 I am sure, as I write this, that you will do what I ask—in fact I know that you will do even more. 22 At the same time, get a room ready for me, because I hope that God will answer the prayers of all of you and give me back to you.

Final Greetings

23 Epaphras, who is in prison with me for the sake of Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings, 24 and so do my co-workers Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke.

25 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

 

============

 

“Why didn’t you attend the meeting?” was the question posed to me. “I had to work” was my response. Cynicism had increased my skepticism of people who would make “change” happen. Yet another leader was paraded in front of us, boasting about the changes made at the last place he or she was at.

 

  • I had become pessimistic.
  • I had lost hope in other people.
  • Little did I know, I had also lost hope in GOD.

 

Paul sends his final greeting to Philemon after appealing to him on Onesimus’ behalf. He mentions to “get a room ready” even though he had no idea if and when he would get out of prison. Paul based his command on hope.

 

My Observations

  • Faith is the substance of things I hope for and the evidence of things I cannot see.
  • Belief in something GOD promised me should result in acting like it is really going to happen.
  • GOD has the right to say “No” or “Wait” or “Yes” and I should act like HE says “yes” until HE says “No.”

 

Believing in GOD like a child is powerful. I mean, when HE says HE will deliver me, heal me and be with me, I should believe it without a shadow of a doubt. I should act like HE will do as HE says. Unfortunately, I think GOD should do everything HE says HE will do right away, in my anxious timing.

 

HE takes HIS time when I want HIM to speed up. HE puts holes in my plan that I want solidified. HE then opens my eyes to see I need to place my total trust in HIM to truly see HIS power. I am glad GOD has the power to deliver me and to raise me up when I am down.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer hoping for?
  • Have you ever needed or desired something, yet have lost your hope that it would ever happen?
  • Will you renew your hope in GOD by placing true belief in HIS promises HE made to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment