Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Today is Amazing!

 

Today is Amazing!

Hebrews 4:For somewhere in the Scriptures this is said about the seventh day: “God rested on the seventh day from all his work.” This same matter is spoken of again: “They will never enter that land where I would have given them rest.” Those who first heard the Good News did not receive that rest, because they did not believe. There are, then, others who are allowed to receive it. This is shown by the fact that God sets another day, which is called “Today.” Many years later he spoke of it through David in the scripture already quoted:

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn.”

 

============

 

Replaying what he or she did to me kept “it” fresh in my mind. After replaying the wrong that was done, I would contemplate some words I would say or maybe some words I would like to hear. I looked back at the past and held on tight. I also looked at the future and it looked bleak unless a radical change happened.

 

I looked at the past a lot and re-wounded myself often.

I did not want to let go of the past, because I thought it guided my future.

I simply wanted things to be in a good spot, but I focused on the bad “a lot.”

 

Paul, the assumed writer, talks about a special day, namely “Today.” He warns everyone to focus on “Today” in obedience to GOD. He spoke about the importance of resting and how GOD promised rest for those who believe. The warning gives immediacy in turning our hearts to GOD “Today.”

 

My Observations:

Listening to GOD is the utmost important thing I must do daily.

Putting into action what HE wants me to do is the act of belief HE wants me to have.

Focusing in on “Today” helps me have a more stable relationship with the LORD.

 

Looking into the future seems like the right thing to do, but I would be wrong every time. I mean, who would have predicted where the world would be “today”, years ago? Only GOD knows the true future. Humans guess and sometimes the predictions come true so their reliance on GOD wanes. BUT GOD wants me to rely on what HE revealed for the future so I can rest.

 

HE also wants me to let go of the past. This is very hard for me, because in some instances, the past continues to become fresh. Another example is piled on top of the many examples I could bring up from “old tapes” I replay in my mind. GOD wants me to choose HIS remedy and seek HIS grace which HE poured out on me generously. I gladly ask GOD for help in letting go of the past and to stop looking into the future so I can focus on the blessings of “today.”

 

Challenge

Do you feel the immediacy of the writer?

Have you ever been stuck in the past or been worried about the future?

Will you get some rest by praising GOD for “Today” and allow HIM to be amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment