Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Hold On Firmly

 

Hold On Firmly

Hebrews 2: That is why we must hold on all the more firmly to the truths we have heard, so that we will not be carried away. The message given to our ancestors by the angels was shown to be true, and those who did not follow it or obey it received the punishment they deserved. How, then, shall we escape if we pay no attention to such a great salvation? The Lord himself first announced this salvation, and those who heard him proved to us that it is true. At the same time God added his witness to theirs by performing all kinds of miracles and wonders and by distributing the gifts of the Holy Spirit according to his will.

 

============

 

When things got a little rough, the first thing that I would drop is following GOD. I would look for things I could get into that I knew in my heart, were not pleasing to GOD. “I just needed a vacation from being good.” I justified.

 

  • I easily let go of GOD when I wanted to.
  • I ran conveniently back to HIM when I got into trouble.
  • I saw the value in following GOD’s ways, yet I easily let go of them.

 

“Hold on all the more firmly” is the warning from the writer, who we assume is Paul. This passage also explains that scripture was delivered from GOD through angels to mankind. This message has proven to be true and still does to this very day.

 

My Observations

  • Relative truth can reject GOD, JESUS and HIS Word.
  • GOD wants me to hold firmly to the solid truth with is JESUS as the Savior.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT lives inside me and offers the truth to me daily.

 

Let me say out loud that I am not GOD. I mean the thought that GOD is everywhere and “everything”, so by associative thinking, I am GOD is false. GOD made me a living soul with free will to choose HIM. I can never lay claim to having HIS power, nor diminish it by claiming I am HIM.

 

GOD is all knowing, all seeing and is everywhere, yet, HE made me with free will and the ability to choose or reject HIM I choose HIM by believe in JESUS who is the way the truth and the life. I gladly hold firmly onto the only truth, which is JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer gives this warning?
  • Have you heard relative truth statements that go against what GOD says in the Bible?
  • Have you ever questioned the Bible yourself, saying this does not make sense?
  • Will you ask GOD to reveal the truth to you and open your eyes to any lie you may have been told or believe in so HE can guide you to HIS truth today?

No comments:

Post a Comment