Friday, May 5, 2023

More Valuable Than Clothes

More Valuable Than Clothes

Hebrews 1: 10 He also said,
“You, Lord, in the beginning created the earth,
    and with your own hands you made the heavens.
11 They will disappear, but you will remain;

    they will all wear out like clothes.
12 You will fold them up like a coat,

    and they will be changed like clothes.
But you are always the same,
    and your life never ends.”

 

============

 

After purchasing a new suit, I felt pretty good about myself. But after wearing it only once, I noticed a seam open. I was enraged as I took the garment back to the suit shop. “I didn’t pay this kind of money to get low quality!” was the beginning of my rant. I continued with more words.

 

  • I did not even know who I was talking to.
  • I did not care that he or she had a relationship with CHRIST.
  • I wore the new garment until it went out of style, and I never once thought of the salespeople.

 

As magnificent is the earth, it will one day be destroyed by the one who created it, according to what was revealed to Paul. “They will wear out like clothes” is the analogy to the moon, stars and planets we see and experience. Paul then points to something that is eternal, namely JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • GOD loves people far more than possessions.
  • My focus on possessions can sometimes get in the way of GOD’s love for me and other people.
  • I am loved eternally.

 

Having clothes and possessions is not a problem until they have me. I mean, when I get mad at people over lack of possessions, or dented or torn possessions, then I forget what GOD wants me to see, namely HIS love for him or her.

 

JESUS is eternal and so are those who believe in HIS salvation. Our life here on earth is temporary. All the titles, things and places will some day be destroyed. All that will remain will be you and me standing in front of GOD, accounting for our lives. I only hope my life is not squandered, rather it bear fruit for GOD.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use clothes as the example?
  • Have you ever bought clothes that went out of style and felt like you needed more and more and more and more?
  • Will you seek what is eternal, namely a relationship with CHRIST so HE can guide you to bring others to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment