Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Nobody Greater

Nobody Greater

Hebrews 1:The Son was made greater than the angels, just as the name that God gave him is greater than theirs. For God never said to any of his angels,
“You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father.”
Nor did God say about any angel,
“I will be his Father,
    and he will be my Son.”
But when God was about to send his first-born Son into the world, he said,
“All of God's angels must worship him.”

 

============

 

Worrying about my grades,  I assumed I would not graduate and felt like giving up. I turned to prayer and got the focus I needed to continue on to completion. Another time I worried about my health. “Maybe it was a sin I committed” I thought to myself. I prayed and was healed. Over time I noticed that whenever I worried about something I could pray about it.

 

  • I used to think GOD had no power because I worried about “my” situation.
  • I thought I was in control of “my” problems and solutions.
  • I wondered if anyone even cared about what “I” was going through.

 

We assume the writer is Paul. He explains something revealed to him by the HOLY SPIRIT. JESUS became a human to die for the sins of humanity. While JESUS was on earth, GOD said “This is MY beloved SON, with whom I am well pleased. Paul quotes the prophet Nathan, David and Moses and describes JESUS as having a name that is greater than any created being.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS name holds all the power I need.
  • JESUS, being raised from the dead because of my sins, shows me I am loved beyond what any human could ever show.
  • JESUS is more powerful than any sin I have committed and any situation I could ever get into.

 

Placing my hope in the one who’s name is above all names gives me hope. I mean, when I think that Satan can simply have his way by tearing apart plans and placing obstacles in front of me, I can always remember that JESUS is above him and anything any one can throw at me. It sounds strange, but it is true.

 

This truth guides me to a peaceful place other people cannot find. Their hope is in the things of this world versus on HIM. I am glad I can place my hope in JESUS, for there is nobody greater than HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What importance is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever met someone who had authority?
  • Will you look at your situation differently and allow JESUS to decide what HE is going to do with your life so you can reduce your worry about your future?


No comments:

Post a Comment