Tuesday, May 16, 2023

More Honor

More Honor

Hebrews 3: My Christian friends, who also have been called by God! Think of Jesus, whom God sent to be the High Priest of the faith we profess. He was faithful to God, who chose him to do this work, just as Moses was faithful in his work in God's house. A man who builds a house receives more honor than the house itself. In the same way Jesus is worthy of much greater honor than Moses. 

 

============

 

After working hard, I received an award for the thing my team built. It was state of the art and highly desired. Years later, it was mundane and complained about. I heard someone mention how difficult it was to update to the “newest” stuff.

 

  • I felt great when I was on top.
  • I did not feel as good when my name was associated with something that needed to be thrown away.
  • I felt even worse when people felt “I” should be thrown away with the thing that was built.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, appeals to those who follow JESUS as their Savior. He knew people had elevated Moses to a place of honor because of the first five books of the bible. Moses had an amazing encounter with GOD and wrote out laws and history that was revealed to him. The writer says “JESUS is worthy of much greater honor than Moses.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees me with more honor than the projects I complete.
  • I am more valuable than the likes I get on social media.
  • JESUS is the most valuable being whom I should follow.

 

Before I seek any honor, I must ask myself, “Have I given any honor to the one who created me?” Many times the answer is no. BUT GOD deserves more honor than the thing I am trying to build. HE gave  me gifts, abilities and talents to be able to accomplish whatever I would like.

 

HE guides me and leads me to do things I never would have dreamt of. HE deserves the honor whenever I accomplish something. I gladly give JESUS more honor than the latest project that will one day be outdated.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer compare JESUS to Moses?
  • Have you ever felt valuable because of a project or something you did?
  • Will you take some time to reassess your value so you can understand JESUS values you to the extreme, so maybe you can give HIM more honor today?

No comments:

Post a Comment