Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Careful Thoughts

Careful Thoughts

Hebrews 2:God has not placed the angels as rulers over the new world to come—the world of which we speak. Instead, as it is said somewhere in the Scriptures:
“What are human beings, O God, that you should think of them;
    mere human beings, that you should care for them?
You made them for a little while lower than the angels;
    you crowned them with glory and honor
    and made them rulers over all things.”

 

============

 

Feeling alone I complained to myself “What’s wrong with me?” Everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves in life and I have “no one” who thinks about me.

 

  • I was feeling lonely.
  • I thought that “no one” was thinking about me.
  • I wanted at least someone in the crowd to reach out to me for a change.

 

Continuing with the comparison of angels to humans, the writer, who is assumed to be Paul, explains a strange hierarchy. Humans, while frail and fragile, will someday be mightier than the angels. GOD will somehow place humans over all things.

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees me and knows my thoughts.
  • GOD does not want me to be alone in life so HE promised to never leave me nor forsake me.
  • GOD has precious, loving thoughts about me and for me.

 

Thinking about people is GOD’s specialty. I mean, HE knows every hair on your head and mine. This means HE is concerned with every single detail about you and me. JESUS understands loneliness like no other human. HE voluntarily took on becoming the blame for all sin. HE had no one who could empathize with HIM or even be there for HIM even when HE asked.

 

HE was murdered even though HE could have rightfully called for help from thousands of angels. HE was raised from the dead and sent the COMFORTER to be with every lonely person who seeks HIM. I am glad GOD will never, ever leave me.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer pondering?
  • Have you ever wondered who is thinking about you?
  • Have you ever come up with the false conclusion that “no one” is thinking about you?
  • Will you let go of the lie and believe that GOD loves you and cares deeply about you and is thinking about you even this very minute?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please provide this reader with the love and care he or she needs today. Thank YOU for caring for us and for thinking about us. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment