Thursday, May 4, 2023

Chosen Anyway

 

Chosen Anyway

Hebrews 1:But about the angels God said,

“God makes his angels winds,
    and his servants flames of fire.”

About the Son, however, God said:
“Your kingdom, O God, will last forever and ever!
    You rule over your people with justice.
You love what is right and hate what is wrong.

That is why God, your God, has chosen you
    and has given you the joy of an honor far greater
    than he gave to your companions.”

 

============

 

Questioning GOD’s love for me became the norm. My sins had piled up and I wondered if GOD could love me at all. I figured HE was away from me doing good things for other people and holding me accountable for all the bad things I did.

 

  • I had a negative view of a loving GOD.
  • I thought that HE disliked me because HE disliked sin.
  • I was missing something very important, namely HE loves me.

 

JESUS was placed way above powerful angels according to the revelation given to Paul. Because JESUS loves what Is right and hates what is wrong, HE chose to do something about it. Rather than lose humanity, HE died for it. HE gave up everything. GOD raised ZHIM from the dead and placed HIM above powerful angels.

 

My Observations

  • GOD cannot stand sin, but chose me anyway.
  • GOD decided to do something about my sin, namely die for me so I would not have to experience eternal pain.
  • GOD loves me so much, that HE took my sins away from me as far as the east is from the west.

 

GOD loves me and you. I mean, sometimes I have a sinful view of GOD, especially when I am not getting my way. BUT GOD does not have that same view of me or you. HIS love is unfathomable.

 

HIS love cannot and will not be stopped by my sin or yours. HE hated sin so much, that HE did away with it by dying for it. HIS resurrection gives HIM the right to raise anyone who is thankful for HIS loving act, to live eternally. HIS love is wild and passionate. I am grateful for love that never diminishes.

 

Challenge

  • What honor is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever doubted GOD’s love for you?
  • Will you have a different view of GOD, knowing HE loves you and has forgiven you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment