Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Plan Put Into Action

Plan Put Into Action

Hebrews 1: In the past God spoke to our ancestors many times and in many ways through the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us through his Son. He is the one through whom God created the universe, the one whom God has chosen to possess all things at the end. He reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

 

============

 

Wanting a merit badge, I sought out places to plant seeds. I cleared away overgrown weeds, removed trash and found areas of dirt that I could plant seeds. I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. After all the hard work, I just needed to sit back and watch everything grow.

 

  • I finished the hard work and now I had to wait.
  • I still had work to do, but it was minimal.
  • I was excited when the fruit of my labor grew and I watched as the harvest got ready.

 

Paul is the assumed writer of this letter, though it varies from his usual style of mentioning his name. The letter goes right into the detail of JESUS being GOD and how HE achieved forgiveness for the sins of all human beings. After doing so, HE sat down.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS was chosen to possess all things at the end of time.
  • JESUS reflects the brightness of GOD’s glory that no darkness can remain.
  • JESUS achieved forgiveness that I could not grant myself.

 

Sitting and waiting for something to happen can be hard at times. I mean, when I have done the hard work, I want to do more for some reason. In the case of my garden, there were times when I wanted the plants to grow faster, so I overwatered them, causing them to die.

 

GOD planted the seed of belief and sent the right people to provide me with words of encouragement. HE also sent people to me to provide just what I needed, when I needed it. HE sits because HE has already done the hard work. HE knows the wonderful plan HE has for my life and cannot wait for the fruit to bear out of my life.  I am so grateful JESUS cared for me to do the hard work.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer say GOD communicates with HIS people?
  • Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is?
  • Will you consider that JESUS has already done the hard work for your life and is sitting down to watch you grow into HIS wonderful fruit HE planted in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment