Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Awarded Honor

 

Awarded Honor

Hebrews 5:In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honor of being a high priest. Instead, God said to him,

“You are my Son;
    today I have become your Father.”
He also said in another place,

“You will be a priest forever,
    in the priestly order of Melchizedek.”

 

============

 

“You need to brand yourself to be noticed” was the advice given to me. In the middle of all the noise, people were trying to teach me how to “manage upward” and to “self-promote” to get noticed by the higher ups so I could be pulled up to their level.

 

  • I wanted to be noticed.
  • I wanted to be promoted.
  • I wanted to gain power.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke about the humility of JESUS. Infinite power and the highest title was not the goal of JESUS, rather HE took the lowest form and served humanity. GOD awarded HIM with the “honor” anyway.

 

My Observations

  • GOD said “the first will be last and the last will be first.
  • Sometimes when I think “I” should be elevated I really should take a step back and focus on serving.
  • Serving others give me the leadership style GOD wants me to have.

 

Titles, power and fame are holes I can fall into easily. I mean, I can seek “likes” on social media, or a title in a company or business and be recognized by the world as being “successful.” BUT GOD sees success in a different way.

 

JESUS gave the best example of being successful. HE died for the sins of mankind even though HE was innocent and did not sin. HE then served humanity by sending the HOLY SPIRIT to comfort us, instead of scolding us. HE went away to build a permanent place for us even though we don’t deserve it. I am glad HE did all of this with love for me and you in mind.

 

Challenge

  • What honor is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever wanted to be noticed or elevated to a higher status?
  • Will you seek that GOD wants for you and not worry about what people think about you or the title you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment