Monday, June 5, 2023

Unexpected Answer

Unexpected Answer

Hebrews 5: In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was God's Son, he learned through his sufferings to be obedient. When he was made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, 10 and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

 

============

 

“LORD please take this problem away” was my cry. I had just started following GOD’s ways and it seemed like my request went unheard. Eventually I stopped crying out because it seemed like things were just not going to change.

 

  • I wanted “my” way.
  • I wanted the problem to be solved the way I thought it should.
  • I wanted a solution to “my” trial to be put in place where, when and how I thought it should.

 

Paul, the assumed author is revealed that even JESUS cried out, wanting something else to happen, but did not get that desire fulfilled. HE was willing to die, but did not want to go through the agony of death, nor be blamed for every sin. HE wanted to be saved from death. BUT GOD had another answer to HIS cry.

 

My Observations

  • I don’t want to go through the pain and agony of life, BUT GOD allows it so I can do something greater
  • I cry out to GOD to take away any pain that I or anyone I know may go through, BUT GOD understands why I need to go through pain versus going around it.
  • I ask GOD to take away any trial, trouble or tribulation, BUT GOD has a purpose for anything I go through and it always ends up better than I expected.

 

Let me say out loud that growing up is hard! I mean, when I have to go through pain, I usually want to whine about it and tell a lot of people about the agony I am going through in hopes of comfort or sympathy. BUT GOD has a different plan that grows me up from being a child, spiritually.

 

HE takes me through the trial instead of me going around it. HE does something better… HE goes through the trial with me. JESUS went through pain, suffering and agony, just for you and me. HIS obedience “taught” HIM that the pain would be worth it because the bigger plan would save everyone. I am grateful that JESUS stayed the course, so maybe I should too.

 

Challenge

  • What thing was “learned” as the writer puts it?
  • Have you ever gone through a trial and realized you were better off because of it?
  • Will you look to GOD and know HE has the best plan for you to grow your faith and to prosper you to HIS rewards today?

No comments:

Post a Comment