Thursday, June 29, 2023

No Doubt

No Doubt

Hebrews 8: The whole point of what we are saying is that we have such a High Priest, who sits at the right of the throne of the Divine Majesty in heaven. He serves as high priest in the Most Holy Place, that is, in the real tent which was put up by the Lord, not by human hands.

 

============

 

Sitting on the trunk of my car, I just waited. I didn’t know where I was, but I knew I was very far from my apartment, so I couldn’t walk. My car had broke down and I did not have a phone. It was night. Not too long, a couple picked me up and took me to a rest area. They asked me if I knew CHRIST as my Savior.

 

  • I was relieved to get some help.
  • I was more relieved that someone who believed in CHRIST picked me up.
  • I looked back at the situation and saw that the entire rescue was out of my hands.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, seems to address the fallibility of humans. As unreliable as a human can be, they are chosen as priests. But JESUS serves as the one and only High  Priest, who sits at the right hand of GOD. HIS authority is infallible.

 

My Observations:

  • When I rely on my abilities I can get scared, BUT GOD has all the power I need.
  • When I think there is no way out of a situation I get worried, BUT GOD is there to show HIS power.
  • When I doubt that a solution will not come, GOD provides in ways I did not imagine.

 

Doubt is easy to fall into. I mean, when trouble arises and my abilities seem to be lacking, I worry about how the situation will clear itself up. I replay the trouble and try to come up with a plan, but reality hits and I see that my abilities to solve the situation are far away. BUT GOD steps in and provides.

 

HE places me in situations where only HIS power can solve them. HE then shows me that I can rely on HIS power to solve any problem, if I believe HE can and will do it HIS way. HE always comes through in HIS way and HIS time. I am glad I can place my full trust in HIM with no doubt.

 

Challenge

  • What is the “point” the writer is trying to make?
  • Have you ever needed something and felt it was impossible to get what you need?
  • Will you place your full trust in GOD and know HE has your situation in mind so you can get rid of any doubt today?

No comments:

Post a Comment