Thursday, June 15, 2023

Safe and Sure

 

Safe and Sure

Hebrews 6: 18 There are these two things, then, that cannot change and about which God cannot lie. So we who have found safety with him are greatly encouraged to hold firmly to the hope placed before us. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for our lives. It is safe and sure, and goes through the curtain of the heavenly temple into the inner sanctuary. 20 On our behalf Jesus has gone in there before us and has become a high priest forever, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

 

============

 

Wanting to be “rich”, I asked a rich person for investment advice. He told me about investing in  penny stocks. I tried it by investing in a random company. I watched the stock go up and my hope was elated. But when the stock went down, my hope receded. I did not sell fast enough and lost the amount I invested.

 

  • My hope was based on the performance of a hunch.
  • My hope was placed in the thought of getting money.
  • My hope was not stable because money would come and go.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, concludes his discussion about GOD’s promises being reliable. Since the purpose of GOD does not change, we can place our hope in HIM. This hope is strong enough to go into the inner sanctuary of GOD.

 

My Observations:

  • Hope is important enough to GOD that HE observes it to see if HE is at the center of it.
  • Prayer is something that is important to GOD, so much so, that HE keeps each hope filled prayer in a spiritual bowl.
  • Faith is something important to GOD and HE looks at it in measures and rewards me for when I exercise it.

 

Humans value money, fame and power. BUT GOD values hope, prayer and faith. These conflict with one another. I mean, when I try to use human methods to “feel” better, I can leave GOD out of the equation and rely on my own plans and abilities. When things go terribly wrong, I lose hope. BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

HE wants me to place my hope in JESUS, who was sinless and died to redeem the world. The tactic of not believing in “sin” or of having “my” truth will not stand up in front of the Living GOD. Only JESUS, who is the High Priest, will have the last word on all that I do. HE will examine my hope, prayers and faith and will deem me as being clean. I am glad I can place my hop in HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer urge you to do?
  • Have you ever placed your hope in money or a person or a job and been disappointed?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS, so it can be sternal and know HE has the best for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment