Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Imperfect to Perfect

 

Imperfect to Perfect

Hebrews 7: 26 Jesus, then, is the High Priest that meets our needs. He is holy; he has no fault or sin in him; he has been set apart from sinners and raised above the heavens. 27 He is not like other high priests; he does not need to offer sacrifices every day for his own sins first and then for the sins of the people. He offered one sacrifice, once and for all, when he offered himself. 28 The Law of Moses appoints men who are imperfect to be high priests; but God's promise made with the vow, which came later than the Law, appoints the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

 

============

 

Being the boss for the first time felt cool and scary at the same time. I relied on a few mentors to provide advice. “What do I do about this situation?” or “What do I do about that situation?” were my constant questions. An external observer approached me and said “At some point, you will have to let go of your mentor.”

 

  • I was dependent on something familiar.
  • I was nervous about taking on the responsibility.
  • I felt better being told what to do.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, mentions JESUS meeting our needs versus human high priests. JESUS, who remained faultless, sacrificed himself. He did what imperfect high priests could not do, be perfect forever.

 

My Observations:

  • I try to control GOD by following the Law, BUT GOD loves when I rely on JESUS.
  • I try to be holy by following the Law, BUT GOD enjoys when I place my faith in HIM.
  • I try to get close to GOD by doing what the Law says, BUT GOD is faithful and saved me through JESUS.

 

After the Law was given, JESUS died for all the sins of humans. HE fulfilled the Law to the letter. I can turn from the Law and place my faith in something perfect, namely JESUS. I mean, when I break one Law, I am guilty of breaking all of them. JESUS made a way for me to be forgiven of the statutes of the Law.

 

This does not give me freedom to sin as I please. HE loves when I use one part of the fruit of the Spirit which is “self-control.” Being able to recognize I need a Savior every day makes me hand my sinful desires over to HIM so we can have a harmonious relationship. I am glad HE is helping me not depend on the Law, and to place my faith in HIS act of love.

 

Challenge

  • What problem is the writer trying to address?
  • Have you ever needed to use “faith” but were reliant on a person or money or something else?
  • Will you place your faith in JESUS, who “meets our needs” and loves you dearly today?

No comments:

Post a Comment