Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Great Blessings

Great Blessings

Hebrews 7: You see, then, how great he was. Abraham, our famous ancestor, gave him one tenth of all he got in the battle. And those descendants of Levi who are priests are commanded by the Law to collect one tenth from the people of Israel, that is, from their own people, even though they are also descendants of Abraham. Melchizedek was not descended from Levi, but he collected one tenth from Abraham and blessed him, the man who received God's promises. There is no doubt that the one who blesses is greater than the one who is blessed. 

 

============

 

A customer left a great rating about my service. I was honored to receive the rating and realized how much the good word meant to other people. My service was not as important as the rating received because other people believed in the ratings.

 

  • I was the recipient of a blessing.
  • My word about my company was not as powerful as my customer’s word.
  • I wanted “my” word to be enough, but it took the blessing of a customer to get others to believe.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke highly of Abraham. He mentions that Abraham was “famous”, yet still gave Melchizedek one tenth of all he collected in battle. The writer goes on to mention that priests still follow this example, showing the greatness of the act. He then closes with speaking about greatness.

 

My Observations:

  • JESUS has blessed me to be one of HIS servants.
  • I can never be greater than JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be a servant, which will translate to HIM declaring me as “great.”

 

The first will be last and last will be first” is one of JESUS’ promises. HE sees “greatness” when I follow HIS example by serving those who do not look or act like me. Even when I fall, JESUS is great enough to pick me up and use me for HIS good.

 

Feeling blessed is different than being declared blessed. I mean, when JESUS mentions “blessed are the…” HE is talking about me and you. HE is greater than us and pours out HIS blessings on us. I gladly accept HIS blessings today.

 

Challenge

  • What blessing is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever had a reference or a referral from someone who spoke highly of you?
  • Will you speak highly of someone so he or she can see JESUS and accept HIS great blessings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment