Thursday, June 22, 2023

Different Thinking

 

Different Thinking

Hebrews 7: 11 It was on the basis of the levitical priesthood that the Law was given to the people of Israel. Now, if the work of the levitical priests had been perfect, there would have been no need for a different kind of priest to appear, one who is in the priestly order of Melchizedek,[a] not of Aaron. 12 For when the priesthood is changed, there also has to be a change in the law. 13 And our Lord, of whom these things are said, belonged to a different tribe, and no member of his tribe ever served as a priest. 14 It is well known that he was born a member of the tribe of Judah; and Moses did not mention this tribe when he spoke of priests.

 

============

 

“Why go to church?” was my question. I finally got tired of the same messages of “being good” or “giving money.” There had to be more to life that what was being said. I stopped going and started “having fun.” My “fun” became more of a problem than I thought.

 

  • I did not have a place to put my hope.
  • I did not fill the hole that was in my heart.
  • I had to rethink “church” versus my relationship with GOD.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, may have tried to address a way of thinking that could have been detrimental to many. People may have relied on a human priest to cleanse them of their sins through confession and sacrifice. He explained, there is a “different kind of priest”, one who did not belong to the tribe of priests, who would be the one to follow.

 

My Observations:

  • Humans struggle trying to understand GOD, BUT HE reveals enough to show me HIS love.
  • Love is greater than keeping the law, because the law was founded by love.
  • I do not have to worry about trying to be perfect, because JESUS was perfect for me.

 

Blaming GOD or blaming people who believe in GOD is a problem. I mean, when I question why GOD does things, or I question those who are supposed to believe in GOD, yet act duplicitous, I can fall away from HIM. BUT GOD knows there are many things that can come up against my relationship with HIM.

 

HE patiently allows me to fall into holes that I think can pull me away from HIM. HE gently lifts me up and dusts me off to serve HIM and praise HIM another day. I am glad HE is willing to renew my mind and show me HIS love!

 

Challenge

  • What way of thinking is the writer trying to address?
  • Have you ever tried to blame GOD or blame “churchy” people?
  • Will you look at GOD’s love and think differently about how you approach church and the beliefs you may or may not have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment