Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Going Forward

Going Forward

Hebrews 6: Let us go forward, then, to mature teaching and leave behind us the first lessons of the Christian message. We should not lay again the foundation of turning away from useless works and believing in God; of the teaching about baptisms and the laying on of hands; of the resurrection of the dead and the eternal judgment. Let us go forward! And this is what we will do, if God allows.

 

============

 

After learning my numbers, I was proud that I could count. But the next grade taught me addition and subtraction. Grades beyond taught me multiplication, division, percentages, arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, pre-calculus (or trigonometry), calculus, and differential equations (Thermal dynamic heat equations).

 

  • I could not imagine sitting in a class to learn how to count.
  • I struggled with the other lessons and some I failed.
  • Once I finished learning one concept, it was on to the next.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, urges believers to “go forward” from the basic lesson of salvation of JESUS. He implies that there is more to learn about JESUS than, salvation, baptism, and the resurrection.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS is far greater than eternal life.
  • JESUS cares about the life I live now and the life I will live in eternity.
  • JESUS is more complex that I think and I should learn about HIM daily.

 

“Does GOD even care?” is the question I have asked many times. I mean, when things seem to be going horribly wrong it, is tough to rely on the promise that I am saved for eternity. “What about this horrible situation?”  I would ask. GOD hears and addresses everything.

 

HE cares about my current life and the life beyond this life. HE knows what I am going through and has empathy through JESUS who was tempted in every way. HE cares about the large and small and is involved in every moment of my life. I am glad GOD cares about me holistically.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer use “go forward?”
  • Have you ever learned the basics of something and found yourself in the basic class again?
  • How did you feel?
  • Will you “go forward from salvation, baptism, and the resurrection, and learn how GOD interacts with you daily so you can mature in faith today?

No comments:

Post a Comment