Friday, June 16, 2023

Forever Remembered

Forever Remembered

Hebrews 7: This Melchizedek was king of Salem and a priest of the Most High God. As Abraham was coming back from the battle in which he defeated the four kings, Melchizedek met him and blessed him, and Abraham gave him one tenth of all he had taken. (The first meaning of Melchizedek's name is “King of Righteousness”; and because he was king of Salem, his name also means “King of Peace.”) There is no record of Melchizedek's father or mother or of any of his ancestors; no record of his birth or of his death. He is like the Son of God; he remains a priest forever.

 

============

 

Encountering a stranger, I remember a guy wearing sunglasses, driving an expensive sports car, zipping in front of people and giving them “the finger” as he passed each. This enraged me, but I could not catch him.

 

  • I remember how his actions affected me.
  • I did not stop to think how my actions affect other people.
  • I realized later that I want to be remembered differently than that.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, explains Melchizedek, who was a king and a high priest. No one knew when he was bon or when he died. He represents how JESUS has no beginning or end. Melchizedek is remembered for his goodness.

 

My Observations:

  • Every action I do is either for GOD’s kingdom or against it.
  • I have the opportunity to speak about GOD or to do harm to myself and others.
  • I can choose what I want people to remember me by.

 

JESUS said “Remember ME.” This mean remember HIS goodness and HIS love. HE faced insurmountable odds by not sinning and at the same time, healing a multitude of people. HIS deeds and words are remembered forever. But what about you and me? GOD has us too.

 

If I give a child a cup of cool water to drink, GOD remember my kindness and loves it! HE enjoys the smallest of service I perform, even if it is just a smile. GOD sees anything I do for HIM and remembers it forever. I am glad GOD cares for you and me.

 

Challenge

  • According to the writer, what is Melchizedek remembered by?
  • Have you ever wanted to “act out” in public, only to regret what people will remember you by?
  • Will you not worry about your reputation and simply serve the way GOD wants you to serve by encouraging someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment