Monday, June 12, 2023

Eagerness

 

Eagerness

Hebrews 6: But even if we speak like this, dear friends, we feel sure about you. We know that you have the better blessings that belong to your salvation. 10 God is not unfair. He will not forget the work you did or the love you showed for him in the help you gave and are still giving to other Christians. 11 Our great desire is that each of you keep up your eagerness to the end, so that the things you hope for will come true. 12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to be like those who believe and are patient, and so receive what God has promised.

 

============

 

On the first day of my assignment, I could hardly sleep. I woke up before the alarm, and made my way in early. But after a while, I got used to the assignment. I woke up to the alarm and hit the snooze button a couple of times. I didn’t race to get there and when I arrived, I had to do my ritual of getting coffee and chatting with people.

 

  • My eagerness had worn off.
  • I was not as enthusiastic as I was in the beginning.
  • I had become slow to jump into anything “new” because I was comfortable.

 

Paul, the assumed writer” spoke about “better blessings” that belonged to believers in JESUS for salvation. He tried to encourage everyone that GOD sees all actions and will not forget any work don for HIM or any love shown to another person for HIM. He urges everyone to remain “eager” to the end so hope can be achieved.

 

My Observations

  • I have to remember that GOD is quite fair in HIS dealings with me.
  • I also have to note that GOD sees my work and love I have shown and HE is pleased with it.
  • Knowing HE is pleased with my actions makes me continue with my eagerness to serve HIM.

 

Giving up on unmet desires is tempting. I mean, when I have worked hard on something and have not realized the expected benefit, I may get discouraged and give up. BUT GOD saw my work and is pleased.

 

HE doesn’t just show up to tell me I did stuff wrong. In fact, quite the opposite. HE is excited that I try to serve HIM even though I have a sin nature to overcome. HE guides me to meet the desires of my heart that align to HIS will. I am grateful that GOD cares enough about me to give me what HE has promised.

 

Challenge

  • What “better blessings” is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever felt discouraged and thought GOD was mad at you?
  • Will you understand that HE is excited about what you have done and are doing for HIM and wants you to continue with eagerness nd patience today?

No comments:

Post a Comment