Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Reason for Promise

 

Reason for Promise

Hebrews 6: 13 When God made his promise to Abraham, he made a vow to do what he had promised. Since there was no one greater than himself, he used his own name when he made his vow. 14 He said, “I promise you that I will bless you and give you many descendants.” 15 Abraham was patient, and so he received what God had promised. 

 

============

 

“I will pick you up at 7” were the words I depended on. But when 7 rolled around, I was not picked up. “Oh my goodness, I forgot” was the real, but hurtful statement.

 

  • I felt let down.
  • I was a little frustrated.
  • I wanted to say something, but had nothing to say.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, mentions a promise made to Abraham. He also provides assurance that GOD’s promises are so great, that nothing can stop it. Abraham received GOD’s blessing, only because GOD was faithful.

 

My Observations:

  • When I need assurance, GOD gives me HIS promises.
  • When I feel lost and alone, GOD promises to be with me.
  • When I need encouragement, GOD is there to promise HIS delivery.

 

GOD has nothing to prove. I mean, HE is the most powerful, all knowing being who lives everywhere. I believe the reason HE promises so much, is to give us assurance that HE will remain with us even when we don’t believe it.

 

HIS love is powerful and HIS grace sufficient. HE can and will do HIS plan , and nothing, now anyone can stop it. I am glad GOD promises to love me and there is nothing that can change it!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention Abraham’s promise?
  • Have you ever been disappointed when someone promised you something but did not keep the promise?
  • Have you ever broken your promise?
  • Will you consider that GOD’s plan for you is great and unwavering, so you can have assurance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment