Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Now and Always

 

Now and Always

Hebrews 7: 23 There is another difference: there were many of those other priests, because they died and could not continue their work. 24 But Jesus lives on forever, and his work as priest does not pass on to someone else. 25 And so he is able, now and always, to save those who come to God through him, because he lives forever to plead with God for them.

 

============

 

Looking around for my building materials, I found the perfect items that would “last.” I got an old blanket and some sticks I found to use as the poles of my tent. I then found some rocks that would stabilize the bottom of the tent. “This is invincible” I thought to myself. The next day I went out to enjoy the tent, only to find it laying flat and wet. It had rained and my flimsy design did not last.

 

  • I thought the thing “I” built would last.
  • I thought I had built something strong when it was really very weak.
  • I thought I had built something permanent, but it did not last a day.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, points out a difference between JESUS and human priests. JESUS, after the resurrection, would never die. Human priests, were susceptible to death, therefore their ability to plea to GOD on behalf of everyone was limited.

 

My Observations:

  • My belief in JESUS’ power to forgive me gives me eternal life.
  • If a question were to come up later about my sin, JESUS would always be three to say I am forgiven.
  • There is no sin I have committed, or will ever commit, that will break my relationship with JESUS.

 

When JESUS saved me it was permanent. I mean, sometimes I think that if I temporarily act “good” then my salvation is in “my” hands. I could not be further from the truth. JESUS saved me in the middle of my sin, while I was committing them. HE also knew I could not stay on my diet of being good, so HE decided to do something a little more permanent.

 

HIS death, burial and resurrection became the covenant that made me and you able to be saved forever. HE forgives me retrospectively and perpetually . In other words, “all” my sins are forgiven! I am glad I have a permanent relationship with the one who saves, namely JESUS!.

 

Challenge

  • What work is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever made a plan that turned out to be flimsy and it fell apart?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS, who can save you in this life and the next, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment