Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Unchanged Purpose

Unchanged Purpose

Hebrews 6: 16 When we make a vow, we use the name of someone greater than ourselves, and the vow settles all arguments. 17 To those who were to receive what he promised, God wanted to make it very clear that he would never change his purpose; so he added his vow to the promise.

 

============

 

When the new leadership arrived, the place felt different. New policies were provided in orientations and the same people I used to work with had now changed. The purpose behind my job was now different.

 

  • I felt there was a “bait” and “switch” happening.
  • I did not like change, especially when it did not seem to benefit me or my coworkers.
  • It seemed like top management needed an excuse for changing things, and all of us would “lose.”

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke about “GOD’s unchanging purpose. GOD made a vow based on HIS own name since there is no one greater than HIM. HE revealed this vow to humans to give assurance that HE would keep HIS promise. GOD wanted to make it clear that HE has a purpose that will never change.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD will never ever change HIS purpose, namely to save the lost.
  • GOD will always love me because I believe in HIS SON, JESUS, who sacrificed HIMSELF just to be with me.
  • GOD does not change HIS mind or switch HIS purpose when I, or others, do something wrong.

 

Humans play the “change the rules” game all the time. I mean, when life gets uncomfortable, simply change the rules until comfort fits, even if it means throwing out GOD’s word. Unfortunately, true “comfort” and “peace” are owned by GOD, so walking away from HIS statutes leaves me guessing, lying to myself, hurt or dead. GOD doesn’t want this.

 

HE made promises to always be with me and to guide me, even through difficult times. HE promised to live inside me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness when I confess I need HIM. I am glad HE reveals HIS love for me daily and I am willing to follow HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What does GOD make “very clear” according to the writer?
  • Have you ever felt GOD’s conditions for you can change based on how much or how little you sin?
  • Have you thrown out GOD’s ways because it does not follow “your” relative truth?
  • Will you seek GOD’s unchanging ways so HE can make you whole and to change the course of your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment