Wednesday, May 17, 2023

House Materials

House Materials

Hebrews 3: Every house, of course, is built by someone—and God is the one who has built all things. Moses was faithful in God's house as a servant, and he spoke of the things that God would say in the future. But Christ is faithful as the Son in charge of God's house. We are his house if we keep up our courage and our confidence in what we hope for.

 

============

 

“I feel like giving up” are the words I have used many times when things got difficult. Something ultra scary or painful would arise and it would seem like there was no way out.

 

  • I would get worried.
  • I would get scared.
  • I would think of what could go wrong versus thinking about what has gone right.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke about GOD being the builder of HIS house. JESUS is in charge of GOD’s house and remains faithful. HE builds the house out of those who follow HIM.

 

My Observations

  • When times get difficult, GOD gives me courage.
  • When times get painful, GOD gives me confidence that HE will take care of it.
  • When times get rough and I cannot see a way out of the trouble, GOD comes through with HIS grace.

 

Having courage and confidence is difficult. I mean, there are scary people, situations and diseases out there. BUT GOD wants me to place my trust in HIM. When I trust GOD to handle the situation, I can let go of it.

 

HE then does something quite miraculous. HE takes the thing I was trying to fix or build and HE fixes it or builds it HIS way. I am so glad HIS plan is far greater than anything I could ever think of and HE is the one who builds HIS house out of me and you.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use the example of a house?
  • Have you ever been part of a community ad felt valued?
  • Have you ever gotten scared because you need help from others?
  • Will you place your trust in JESUS, who knows your situation, so HE can give you the courage and confidence to face today’s situation and renew your hope for HIS plan in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment