Monday, May 22, 2023

Promise Offered

 

Promise Offered

Hebrews 4: Now, God has offered us the promise that we may receive that rest he spoke about. Let us take care, then, that none of you will be found to have failed to receive that promised rest. For we have heard the Good News, just as they did. They heard the message, but it did them no good, because when they heard it, they did not accept it with faith. We who believe, then, do receive that rest which God promised. It is just as he said,

“I was angry and made a solemn promise:
    ‘They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest!’”
He said this even though his work had been finished from the time he created the world.

============

Facing turmoil caused me to lay awake at night. Trouble here and trouble there made my mind continue to spin a web of unresolved questions. I wanted to get some rest, but couldn’t. In fact, just looking at the clock in the middle of the night, made me more anxious that I needed rest to survive the day.

 

  • I was exhausted.
  • I was worried and could not find rest.
  • I figured that I was on my own and “I” had to come up with the solution, but could not.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, mentions “promised rest” from GOD. The ancestors refused to believe GOD and did not receive HIS “promised rest.” The writer warns everyone to believe in the Goon News about JESUS, so we can receive this “promised rest.”

 

My Observations

  • Trying to control life makes me lose rest.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM control so I can get some rest.
  • Scary moments must be given to GOD so HE can provide the right solution.

 

“Come unto me all you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest” is the promise given to me. But sometimes I don’t believe it is that easy.  I try to give “it” to GOD, but then I peek to see if HE has fixed the situation to my liking and in my time. When I don’t see the results I was looking for, I jump in with “my” plan, possibly tearing up other people with my actions. BUT GOD has another way.

 

JESUS wants me to have rest. HE wants me to have peace that is beyond understanding. As scary as life is, GOD is in control of every situation. Belief in HIM providing rest in this life and the next raises my hope. I am glad GOD has all my scary situations.

 

Challenge

  • What rest is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever worried so much that you could not get any sleep?
  • Will you place your trust in the LORD today so HE can give you rest in all situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment