Thursday, May 25, 2023

Exposed

Exposed

Hebrews 4: 12 The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart. 13 There is nothing that can be hid from God; everything in all creation is exposed and lies open before his eyes. And it is to him that we must all give an account of ourselves.

 

============

 

After the night of drunken sex, I put on my best suit and went to church. Maybe this would erase the guilt, was my motive for going. As I transitioned from Sunday School to morning service, a guy called me out. “We had fun at the club last night!” “Why did he have to be there?” was my thought!

 

  • I didn’t want anyone to know that I went to clubs and had drunken sex.
  • I had plenty of sins that I was planning to take to my grave.
  • I felt embarrassed when I was exposed, but it turned out to be a relief.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, tells everyone about the power of the word of GOD. This is the revelation of how GOD interacts with humans, given through prophets, poets and priests. This revelation also includes the fact that everything in all creation is exposed to GOD.

 

My Observations

  • There is nothing I can hide from GOD.
  • The more I try to hide my sins, the harder it will be for me to confess them and to let go of them.
  • GOD called the Pharisees “hypocrites” because they refused to expose their own sins.

 

It is real easy for me to tell others “You have sinned” but it is tougher for me to say in front of everyone “I have sinned and her is how I did it.” I mean, it just feels better when the spotlight is not on me when it comes to something yucky. But GOD sees my yuckiness and loves me anyway.

 

There is nothing I can hide from GOD. HE sees every thought that pops in my head and allows me to decide to choose HIS way or mine. HE gives me HIS word as a revelation to HIS love and I have, at my fingertips, a guide that brings me back to HIS love. I gladly expose my sins I still make mistakes on and believe they will not sting as much when I stand before HIM someday.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about “Purpose” in this passage?
  • Have you ever done something wrong and felt so insecure about it that you plan on taking the hidden sin to your grave?
  • Are things going wrong in your life and you don’t know why?
  • Will you expose your heart to GOD and confess everything directly to JESUS so HE will be faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteousness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment