Friday, May 19, 2023

Hearing Test

 

Hearing Test

Hebrews 3: 15 This is what the scripture says:

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were
    when they rebelled against God.”

 

16 Who were the people who heard God's voice and rebelled against him? All those who were led out of Egypt by Moses. 17 With whom was God angry for forty years? With the people who sinned, who fell down dead in the desert. 18 When God made his solemn promise, “They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest”—of whom was he speaking? Of those who rebelled. 19 We see, then, that they were not able to enter the land, because they did not believe.

 

============

 

Wanting to be mad, I thought of all the “bad” things that had happened. Then I heard something within me say “Let it go. Your hatred is hurting you more than you know.” I had a choice. Let go of the hurt I replayed in my mind or move forward, carrying GOD’s love.

 

  • I could not hear GOD when I was fuming.
  • I could not hear other people when I was upset.
  • I could not hear words of reason when I had anger, rage, slander and hurt in my heart.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, warns everyone to listen to GOD “today.” He mentions ancestors who heard GOD, but refused to obey as a warning to everyone. Their rebellion caused death and GOD promised they would never reach the promised land.

 

My Observations

  • My stubborn heart is no match for GOD.
  • Any time I rebel against GOD, I lose.
  • Since GOD is pure love, my rebellion is against pure love.

 

Not listening to GOD is a huge mistake, I mean, when I hear HIM tell me “forgive that person” and I don’t, I am rebelling. HE wants me to voluntarily choose love as my path to all my relationships. The more I choose hatred, hurt, and slander, the harder my heart gets. After a while, I get friends who agree with my hatred and slander and we feel better spreading poison versus love. BUT GOD has a remedy

 

HE wants me to see that my heart is on its way to becoming hard and stubborn as those HE did not deliver into the promised land. HE can open my eyes to HIS promises, but I have to be willing to let go of things HE does not want me to have. I am glad GOD wants to be my guide, therefore, I choose to hear HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What warning does the writer give?
  • Have you ever knowingly done something wrong and now you have justified your wrong for so long, that it seems like there is no way back to right?
  • Will you let go of things that are obviously wrong and allow GOD to rescue you and guide you with the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment