Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Plenty to Do

Plenty to Do

Hebrews 5: Every high priest is chosen from his fellow-men and appointed to serve God on their behalf, to offer sacrifices and offerings for sins. Since he himself is weak in many ways, he is able to be gentle with those who are ignorant and make mistakes. And because he is himself weak, he must offer sacrifices not only for the sins of the people but also for his own sins. No one chooses for himself the honor of being a high priest. It is only by God's call that a man is made a high priest—just as Aaron was.

 

============

 

When the position opened, I applied for it. I did not get the position, because It was clearly not in my skillset. But I wanted a promotion. A mentor said, “Don’t worry. It will come. Just be patient..” I did get promoted later.

 

  • I wanted to be in charge.
  • I wanted to be chosen to lead a group.
  • I wanted to be in a higher position, but I could not place myself in it.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, wrote about the position of the High Priest. He explained that the High Priest was fallible. Although prone to mistakes, the High Priest was called by GOD for HIS purpose.

 

My Observations

  • Though I am not called to be a High Priest, I still have plenty to do to serve the LORD.
  • Even if I am not a pastor, I can lead many people back to CHRIST.
  • My service to the LORD does not depend on who is leading a group of people.

 

Atonement for sin is no longer through a High Priest. I mean, JESUS was and is the ultimate sacrifice, taking away the need to use the blood of animals to symbolize the washing away of sins. HIS sacrifice provided the necessary blood to save me.

 

JESUS then sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me after being raised from the dead. The HOLY SPIRIT guides me to serve others and be served when I need to be picked up. I am glad GOD cared enough for me to put me in HIS plan.

 

Challenge

  • What sticks out to you in this passage?
  • Have you ever wanted to be in charge?
  • Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to all that is needed to be done, so you can take your eyes off of someone else’s life and accept HIS calling on your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment