Friday, May 26, 2023

Just When We Need It

Just When We Need It

Hebrews 4: 14 Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God—Jesus, the Son of God. 15 Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin. 16 Let us have confidence, then, and approach God's throne, where there is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it.

 

============

 

Having come out of the trial, I felt I needed a vacation from being “good.” I let down my guards and decided I could sin a little here and a little there. Soon I was back to old habits, never once praying to, nor communicating with GOD. But then troubles hit again.

 

  • I wondered if GOD was punishing me for something I did.
  • I also wondered if HE would forgive me “this” time.
  • I also wondered if GOD would reach a limit on HIS forgiveness and just get tired of me coming to HIM with the same request.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, explains that JESUS is different than the human high priests. They, being human, have fallen into sin. JESUS was tempted in every way and never sinned. He explains that we can hold onto our faith firmly because JESUS provides mercy and grace.

 

My Observations

  • There is no sin too great that GOD will not forgive.
  • I can approach GOD with all my sins and be forgiven.
  • JESUS knows what I am going through and sympathizes with me because of what HE went through.

 

GOD is the ultimate forgiver versus the ultimate punisher. I mean, sometimes I get scared of GOD, especially when I sin. I think I may not get “my” way. Consequently, I also think I can manipulate GOD into giving me “my” way by temporarily being good. HE knows that too.

 

GOD sees me different than I see myself. HE loves me and is concerned about me. HE grants me mercy when I should receive the ultimate punishment. HE pours out grace when I do not deserve it and HE seems to do it just when I need it. I thank GOD for HIS grace and mercy. It is always right on time!

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer portray JESUS?
  • Have you ever been in a situation where no one sympathized with you?
  • Have you ever been blamed by “everyone” around you?
  • Will you give your life to JESUS and learn about truly being forgiven so you can experience HIS everlasting grace and mercy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment