Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Useful Life

Useful Life

Titus 3: 12 When I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me in Nicopolis, because I have decided to spend the winter there. 13 Do your best to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos to get started on their travels, and see to it that they have everything they need. 14 Our people must learn to spend their time doing good, in order to provide for real needs; they should not live useless lives.

 

15 All who are with me send you greetings. Give our greetings to our friends in the faith.

God's grace be with you all.

 

============

 

Getting deeper and deeper into trouble, I found my life a mess. Even the parties and living it up seemed empty. When I looked around, I had helped no one but myself and even that was old.

 

  • I tried “the good life” and that was getting old.
  • I found my heart empty as I sought pleasure, but trouble outweighed my pursuits.
  • I felt that there was more to life that seeking what others called “living the life.”

 

Paul sends final greetings to all believers of JESUS. In this greeting, he urges people to “do good” and “provide real needs.” He then drops a bombshell by saying “They should not live useless lives.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD cursed the earth when sin entered it, but I still have to live here.
  • Heaven is a destination, but earth is where I live
  • Some of my life should be dedicated to serving the LORD.

 

Seeking pleasure as medicine can sometimes work, but not always. I mean, when I only seek the pleasures of life, I fond myself wanting more and more of them. Soon, I cannot discern from “needing” pleasure versus “wanting it.” When the waves of life hit, the world’s pleasures seem empty. BUT GOD’s path is full of life.

 

HE wants me to fill my heart with other people and seek HIS kingdom first. Sometimes the world’s pleasures will be included and sometimes difficulty will arise. HE opens my eyes to the fact that through it all, HE is there and walking strong with me. I am grateful for HIS constant love for me an you.

 

Challenge

  • What life is the writer referring to?
  • Have you been trying really hard to live life and it just does not seem to be working?
  • Will you see GOD in all you do so HE can walk solidly with you through trouble and good times, so you can live a useful life for HIM without pressure today?

My Prayer

Dear LORD, please bless this reader with the fact that YOU love him or her dearly. Open eyes to servanthood and also bring servants into lives who need to be served today. Help us understand the true meaning of abundant life because the world has tried to change the definition. Guide us to YOUR plan today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment