Thursday, April 20, 2023

Seen and Rewarded

 

Seen and Rewarded

Philemon 1:From Paul, a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy—

To our friend and fellow worker Philemon, and the church that meets in your house, and our sister Apphia, and our fellow soldier Archippus:

 

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

“Could you come into the conference room?” said my boss. “I have to finish some work” I replied. He said, “It can wait, come in.” When I walked in, everyone in the division was there and my family. “Great work!” they exclaimed.

 

  • I was surprised that I was being recognized
  • I was not doing the work to be recognized, rather it had to be done.
  • I appreciated being recognized.

 

Paul and Timothy recognize the efforts of Philemon and many others. Philemon had opened up his house to have followers of JESUS come in and meet to discuss HIS marvelous works and miracles. This was a very dangerous move because of the societal consequences. Paul knew he was in for a challenge and asks GOD to grant him and them “grace and peace.”

 

My Observations

  • Serving GOD can sometimes be challenging.
  • Being open to give GOD my everything is something HE is pleased with.
  • Despite the societal pressures, GOD wants me to serve HIM with all my heart.

 

Mentioning JESUS is LORD is no picnic. I mean, three will be opposition, mislabeling and sometimes unwarranted attacks. BUT GOD sees it all and is pleased. HE sees my sin and my pitiful efforts to serve HIM and provides “grace and peace” anyway.

 

GOD loves when people open up their homes to speak about HIS SON. HE enjoys when people come together and pray, praise and heal. HE rewards those who are willing to follow HIM without worry. I gladly serve GOD without expectation, knowing HE will reward me with treasures in heaven that cannot be eaten by moths and cannot be stolen.

 

Challenge

  • How is the writer able to send praises to people while sitting in prison?
  • Have you ever been praised for something you accomplished?
  • Will you put human praise aside and seek GOD’s “grace and peace” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment