Monday, April 17, 2023

More Than Enough

More Than Enough

Titus 3: God poured out the Holy Spirit abundantly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that by his grace we might be put right with God and come into possession of the eternal life we hope for. This is a true saying.

 

============

 

Pouring a little water on the burning log, I thought the fire was out. The flames went away and it sizzled a little, so I assumed it was out. I came back a little while later only to see smoke. This made me curious so I watched it for a while. It did not blaze up, but smoke rose up more and more.

 

  • I thought I used enough water.
  • I thought a little water would do.
  • I saw the fire go out but I did not use enough water to ensure the flames would not return.

 

Paul mentions how GOD “poured out the HOLY SPIRIT” on us. GOD did this “abundantly”  so that by HIS grace we might be put right with HIM and come into possession of the eternal life we hope for.

 

My Observations

  • GOD saved me with an abundance of grace.
  • GOD rescued me by HIS own decision.
  • GOD gave me hope when it seems hopeless.

 

Abundance is something GOD wants me to see HE has plenty of. I mean, GOD does not do something half way. HE doesn’t just love me sometimes or care for me only when I’m good. HE loves me dearly when I make a mess of things and is always willing to receive me with open arms when I return to HIM.

 

GOD has an overflowing amount of grace. So much so, that HIS grace is sufficient to give me eternal life and hope in this life. I am truly grateful for HIS abundance!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use “abundantly” when describing GOD’s actions?
  • Have you ever done something that wasn’t quite enough?
  • Will you receive GOD’s abundance by believing in HIS SON JESUS, who saves all who are willing to believe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment