Friday, April 7, 2023

Fit to Do Good

Fit to Do Good

Titus 1: 15 Everything is pure to those who are themselves pure; but nothing is pure to those who are defiled and unbelieving, for their minds and consciences have been defiled. 16 They claim that they know God, but their actions deny it. They are hateful and disobedient, not fit to do anything good.

 

============

 

Testing the waters, I said a “bad” word. I had not done so before. It felt strange, but nothing happened. No lightning bold from the sky. Soon “bad” words were part of my language amongst “friends.” Peeping in the girls locker room felt weird. But soon I joined in with the guys and we talked about what we saw. Lying about results felt wrong. But when I learned how to “spin” the conversation to make myself look good, it didn’t feel like I was lying.

 

  • I gave myself permission to do what “I” wanted to do.
  • I was opposed to doing wrong at first, but got used to it quickly.
  • I did not know that other parts of my life were being affected by my degrading character.

 

Paul warns Titus to remain pure in all he does. He spoke to Titus about keeping his mind and conscience pure and focused on GOD, otherwise it they could become defiled, hateful and disobedient.

 

My Observations

  • GOD forgives me for my sins, BUT HE wants me to have more than forgiveness.
  • GOD has a plan for me which includes an abundant life with HIM.
  • It takes effort on my part to choose GOD’s ways over the slippery slope of sin.

 

Doing sin and justifying what I’ve done is not good for anything. I mean, when I fall into the hole of temptation, I forsake GOD and leave HIM to do what I want to do. Then I crawl back to HIM, asking forgiveness, especially when things are going wrong. There has to be a better way! GOD has one.

 

HE preempts my thinking by providing me with the HOLY SPIRIT who guides me away from the sins of my youth. HE then gives me purpose to stay on HIS path rather than falling away easily. HE knows I will still sin, BUT HE also knows I am growing up to handle more responsibility. I am glad GOD has a wonderful plan for me.

 

Challenge

  • What lifestyle is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever decided that GOD is too harsh?
  • Are you too tough on yourself?
  • Will you accept the LORD’s forgiveness and seek HIS ways so HE can use you in a mighty way today?

No comments:

Post a Comment