Monday, April 10, 2023

Different Angle

Different Angle

Titus 2: 1-6 Your job is to speak out on the things that make for solid doctrine. Guide older men into lives of temperance, dignity, and wisdom, into healthy faith, love, and endurance. Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don’t want anyone looking down on God’s Message because of their behavior. Also, guide the young men to live disciplined lives.

 

============

 

Being steeped deeply in technology, I provided a solution in an all-department meeting. A problem was brought up and I provided my angle to the problem by giving what I knew. Others did the same and we worked on the problem as a team, but from different angles.

 

  • I didn’t know there were other ways to look at the problem.
  • I though my way was the only way, until I heard other ways.
  • I needed someone to guide me to use my strengths to solve problems while remaining part of the team.

 

Paul gives sage advice to Titus regarding enlisting a variety of people to use sound doctrine. To address questions and clear up confusion, Paul provides suggestions for people to come from various angles to serving and following JESUS. These angles were meant to make everyone effective based on his or her concerns or, in some cases, areas they needed to grow in.

 

My Observations

  • GOD does not limit me in terms of how well I treat people.
  • Gender and age can provide me with a different angle of serving the LORD with joy.
  • Appreciating other angles of serving JESUS should be something I pursue.

 

Sound doctrine includes people. I mean, GOD made male and female to serve HIM from different angles. Each stage of life also beings in a new way to serve HIM. HE wants my heart open enough to desire to use sound doctrine when speaking about JESUS.

 

This includes learning about HIM and modeling what I learned. If also does not preclude me from modeling what other people are modeling. If it says to “live disciplined lives” to young men, it doesn’t prevent me as an older man or it doesn’t prevent a young woman from doing the same. I gladly serve GOD from the angle HE has given me.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer come from these angles?
  • Have you ever been part of a successful team that had different roles?
  • Will you do your part in serving GOD by the way HE made you so you can reach the people HE made you for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment